What We Believe
Our statement of faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative and inerrant Word of God. It was written by human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that there is One God, eternally revealed to the world in the Father, the Son - Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. All things were created by Him and for Him.
- We believe that God sent His Son - Jesus Christ, to redeem all mankind. Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life on this earth, was crucified for our sins, buried and was raised from the dead on the third day. We believe that Jesus is God. Through Jesus Christ and by Him only can mankind be saved. Jesus Christ sits at the Right Hand of the Father and will return someday to receive His Church unto Himself.
- We believe in the work of the Holy Spirit to bring conviction of sin, revelation of God's Word and spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. As Christians we seek to live under His direction and control daily.
- We are all sinners and have fallen short of the Glory of God and will perish without the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as revealed in His gospel. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ and God's offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from the penalty- death.
- Salvation can only be received through personal faith in Jesus Christ.
six tenants of our faith
- God identified Himself as “I Am” (Exodus 20:2)- meaning He is the self-existent (has no beginning or end) eternal Creator of the universe. Often the title “God” designates the first person, God the Father. God is a spiritual being without a physical body. He is personal and involved with people. He created the universe out of nothing. He is eternal, changeless, holy, loving and perfect.
About the Trinity
- There is one God and yet three Persons. The one God is Triune (one God in three persons, not three gods. Father, Son and Holy Spirit - Isaiah 45:5; Deuteronomy 6:4; James 2:19; Genesis 1:1). The Holy Spirit is God, the third person of the Trinity. The Holy Spirit is a person, not a force or energy field. He comforts, grieves, reproves, convicts, guides, teaches and fills Christians.
- Jesus is fully God and fully man. He is not a god. He is the God of the universe (John 1:1, 14, 18; 8:58; 10:30). Compare Titus 2:13 and Isaiah 45:21 and He is equal with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus rose from the dead on the third day, spiritually and physically immortal. For the next 40 days he was seen by more than 500 eyewitnesses. He physically ascended to heaven. Jesus will come again visibly and physically at the end of the world to establish God’s kingdom and judge the world.
About the Bible
- The Bible alone is the Word of God. It is without error. It cannot and should not be added to or subtracted from (2 Timothy 3:16, 4:4; Revelation 22:18-22).
About the Afterlife
- Those who trust in Christ alone as their only hope of salvation spend eternity in heaven; those who reject Christ spend eternity in hell (John 5:24-30; Revelation 20:11-15).
- Salvation is by faith in Christ on the basis of His death, burial and resurrection. Good works have nothing to do with being saved (John 3:16-17, 36; 6:29,47; Romans 4:1-5; Galatians 2:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5). Good works are a natural result of our salvation, but have nothing to do with our salvation.